Feed The Whole Family With These Enchiladas
Forget about taco Tuesdays, make these delicious chicken enchiladas any night of the week for a quick and easy dinner that will feed your whole family.
Chicken Enchilada Tips
This recipe is customizable. You can add your favorite fillings and seasoning. To make sure your enchiladas are just as tasty as you imagine, add an extra step - fry your corn tortillas before you add the filling. This will prevent your enchiladas from becoming soggy before your can enjoy them. Balance out the bold flavors of enchilada sauce with toppings and garnishes like fresh cilantro, diced avocado, chopped red onions, guacamole, sour cream, or cotija cheese
Chicken Enchilada Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 (4-ounce) can of diced green chiles
- sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 3 cups of Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 batch of red enchilada sauce
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
You might also like: Experience Fine Dining At Carmello’s
Chicken Enchilada Instructions
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the enchilada sauce using this recipe or use store-bought sauce.
- In large sauté pan, heat your avocado or olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion then sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken and green chiles, then season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sauté the combination for six to eight minutes, or until the chicken completely cooked through.
- Stir in beans until they are evenly combined.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set the mixture aside.
- Create an assembly line to assemble the enchiladas. The assembly line should be in this order: tortillas, enchilada sauce, chicken mixture, then cheese.
- Grab a tortilla and cover the surface with two tablespoons of sauce.
- Add a large spoonful of chicken mixture in a line down the center of the tortilla.
- Then sprinkle with 1/3 cup of cheese.
- Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Assemble the remaining enchiladas. Then spread any remaining sauce evenly over the top of the enchiladas, followed by any extra cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, until the enchiladas are cooked through and the tortillas are slightly crispy on the outside.
- Serve immediately while the enchiladas are still hot and the cheese is still melty.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.