Serve Up This Spicy Pork Noodle Bowl
Do you like your dinners on the spicy side? How about super easy recipes that can be ready to eat in only 35 minutes? This spicy pork noodle bowl should be on your menu for this week. It's a quick recipe you can whip up in a flash which makes it perfect for a busy week night meal. Keep reading for the full recipe.
Spicy Pork Noodle Bowl Ingredients
This spicy pork noodle bowl is more than just broth, meat, and noodles. It also has a colorful array of nutritious veggies and a savory sesame dressing to give it the perfect umami flavor. Add these ingredients to your grocery list.
- 1 8-ounce package of Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil, plus two teaspoons
- 12 ounces of ground pork
- 1 tablespoon of ginger; peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 persian cucumbers, halfed lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of chopped bread-and-butter pickles, plus 1/4 cup brine from the jar
Spicy Pork Noodle Bowl Instructions: Meat and Noodles
- Start by bringing a large pot of water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook them as directed.
- Drain the noodles and toss them in two teaspoons of vegetable oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Then, add pork and ginger. Brown the meat, breaking it into small chunks with a wooden spoon. This step should take about 3 minutes.
- Next, add chicken broth, pickles, 2 tablespoons of pickle brine, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook the mixture until the liquid evaporates. Scrape up any browned bits of pork as you go. This step should take about 4 minutes.
You might also like: Vacation Planning Dos and Don'ts
Spicy Pork Noodle Bowl: Sesame Dressing
- To make the sauce, puree 3 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds in a blender until finely ground. That should take about 15 seconds.
- Then, add the remaining 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and puree until smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup water, chili-garlic sauce, brown sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons pickle brine and 1 teaspoon ginger; puree until combined.
- Now put it all together. Top each serving of noodles with sesame dressing, pork, cucumbers and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame seeds.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.